Sunday, September 23, 2007

Many Much OhPhooey

Blair and I went to Jackson last night to eat and go see the new outdoors store in the Columns (and a quick trip to Hobby Lobby, of course) and then used my NEW GPS UNIT to go to Anita's house (Karen's mom). Granny and Pop came over, too, and we played 2 big rounds of our favorite game in the world, OhPhooey. Karen, of course, immediately proceeded to beat us all! Even after she started the 2nd round with a 30 point handicap (of doom). Blair entertained us all with a rendition of I'm Proud to be an American that he likes to call I'm Proud to be an Arabian. After many much cookies, ice cream and milk (and a desperate attempt to beat Karen on Anita's part that involved removing a card I had just played...we like to call that cheating, folks) Blair and I returned home.

I didn't get any knitting done yesterday at all, so hopefully I'll be able to make up for it today. Mom and Dad are scheduled to return this evening from their two week trip out west...I wonder if that means gifts...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

clarification...I was desperately trying to beat Karen but I did not remove your card...if I had I would have won that round! (Hey, looks like we will have to work together to beat her)...maybe next time.