Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Self-Portrait Tuesday

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know...I'm a day late and a dollar short. At least I'm getting it posted.
I'm getting ready to do something at which most women would shudder. These pictures show exactly what women do to make themselves "presentable" to the world each day, because, as we all know, the natural beauty God has given us is not enough, and we need to "perfect" it. Dripping sarcasm, anyone? Most women would rather boil their feet than have anyone see them first thing in the morning. Well, here goes.

The before:
Photobucket

And the after:
Photobucket

Not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but more presentable. I suppose that is what women, deep down, realize they are doing. Not perfecting, but working the best they can with their flaws.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I feel dumb putting on my make up to have a 'natural' look but I agree, as much as I love love love make up, I shouldn't be afraid to leave my house without it on!

Shanna said...

I think you're pretty ALL the time. Luv u, Mom