Thursday, June 21, 2007

end it now, please!

I have just possibly had the second WORST evening of my life. My air conditioner is out due to the fact that my toe went through the kitchen floor this morning (actually, yesterday, now). there was something wrong with the pipes, so my landlord told me not to use them. my parents said that i could stay at their house with the dogs. big mistake. First, Petey is a really big bully, and i think Murray had a nervous breakdown tonight. I was REALLY worried about him. But here's the part that still has me really irked. Murray and my mother, MiMom, are best buds. As soon as it was bed time (10:30) and she went in her room, he started going nuts. I had put Petey in the laundry room to keep them separated. I absolutely could not get Murray to be quiet. So I had to take him outside. To get outside, you must exit through the laundry room. well, that got Petey all riled up, and if you've ever heard a Beagle bark howl, you know that's bad. I didn't know what to do at this point. So, I put the dogs in the car and decided to spend the night out there with them. They were doing really well, and I thought, maybe if I put Petey in the bedroom with Murray and me, Murray would calm down. Another big mistake. Did not work at all!! So, by this time, it's 12:30 and I'm at me wits end. I take the dogs back outside to the car. well, they seemed to be doing ok...Murray actually curled up and started to go to sleep...until he heard a dog barking. Murray got vicious. Petey went crazy. By this time it's 1:30 and I've had it up to the proverbial "here." I go back inside my parents house, grab all my stuff, leave them a note, and go home. And turn on the air. My landlords had plenty of time to replace that pipe before 5 and they just didn't do it. So now, it's their problem. I just can't bring myself to care. any pity i had before for Murray and his nervous breakdown had disappeared. Until I come back into the living room and he's all curled up asleep. He's just too stinkin' cute to be mad at!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. You might want to work on your links section, though, since some of them are broken. In karen's link, you missed a colon in the http:// so it tried to add an extra http:// before yours... You also have the links section called SpaceApple Seed...don't you mean to call it links?

Anonymous said...

Danke.