Saturday, June 23, 2007

Canoe Conundrum

We went canoing today with Matt, Karen, and Karen's friend, Emily. We were supposed to go to Flatwoods, where there is a canoe rental place. Matt and Karen rode with us and we were supposed to meet Emily there. Well, we got to Flatwoods, and drove around, realizing that we had no clue where the rental place was. We also didn't see any water. Karen called her mom. Turns out, there are two Flatwoods in Tennessee...and of course, we were at the wrong one! We were about 45 minutes east of where we were supposed to be. So we got back on the road and found our way to the right place. Matt, Karen, and Emily all got kayaks, which I like better, and Blair and I got a canoe so we could tote the cooler that had lunch in it. We had so much fun! Karen came home with several tadpoles, a frog, and a couple of little fish in a water bottle. I got a great tan (again). Blair turned red as usual, and Matt got no sun what-so-ever. We only did the four mile paddle since we got there too late to do the ten. I'm a little sore, but really, I wish we'd been able to do the full ten mile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like it was a lot of fun! Have you ever been sailing? My friend Rick took me sailing out in the Chesapeake Bay about a month ago on a 22-foot sailboat, and it was a blast!