Friday, November 30, 2007

I should be a plumber....no, really, I should

This morning the toilet wouldn't flush, I know, very sad story. Apparently Blair was aware of this new development in the Toilet Saga, due to the evidence he left behind. I knew this couldn't last all day, so I took the lid off of the tank and investigated. Never having seen the inside of a toilet tank before I was not totally sure for what I was searching. After a few jigglings of the handle, I noticed it was not attached to anything. I decided that was probably odd and so further continued my searching of the tank. I saw a chain loose in the bottom and mused to my very attentive helper, Murray Mermelmann, that it probably should not have been lose. I walked into the next room and got out my handy tool set and removed a 13 inch long crochet hook. With my tool in hand, I walked back to the tank and commenced the fishing-out of the chain. I pulled briefly on it to see what would happen and was rather pleasantly surprised that it was attached to an apparatus that lifted and released the water from the tank. I then attached the chain to the lever coming from the handle, and flushed again just to make sure I had properly attached everything. I then replaced the lid and thoroughly washed my hands for several minutes. I do, indeed, think I have the makings of a top-notch plumber.

2 comments:

bchadwick said...

evidence? did i leave a stinky in my sleep?
...sleepwalking is a common problem, but not of me. I must have unconsciously frankensteined myself to the bathroom last night and...

enlighten me.

Matthew Cook said...

Gratulieren!