Friday, November 9, 2007

One of those Moments

Do you ever have one of those moments when you just know what you need to do? Beyond a shadow of a doubt know? Well, for my entire life I have avoided education. People have always said I would be good at it, that it was what I needed to do. And for that very reason I avoided education in college. Well, now that I'm out of college I've started substitute teaching. All of it has been at the local elementary school. Today I just knew that if I didn't go into education I would be professionally miserable for the rest of my working life. It's like I have no choice but to go into education...it's what I'm called to and supposed to do. There's no avoiding it now. I just have to decided what to do about it.

2 comments:

*~Annette~* said...

I know the feeling. But sometimes what you *have* to do isn't always what we'd hoped we'd do.

I always thought I'd be teaching. And still teaching. And what am I doing? I'm a mom. And I'm not playing my trumpet full time like I'd wanted. *sigh*

I understand.

And subbing... at least it's only a part-time gig.

Anonymous said...

awwww.... that's awesome. Seriously, knowing that this is what you are supposed to to is very cool! Good luck girl!! Hugs!