Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Crafty Evening

I decided to spend my last Blair-less evening by vegging out in front of the TV. Not my best idea or finest moment, but in the stillness that was thoughtlessness, I had a great idea. While I was in Tennessee, I bought a bird cage at a craft store. I had played around with some ideas for it, including making some fabric birds. Last night, I decided to make and hang paper birds in it instead. I took several sets of two pieces of 5.5X3.5 paper and glued them together and let them sit for about ten minutes. Then I traced a bird pattern from The Purl Bee and cut them out. I got one big bird out of each rectangle and two small ones out of a rectangle. I used a yarn needle to put a hole in the tops of them and just used white sewing machine thread to hang them from the cage. I'm really pleased with how cute it turned out. It looks really neat when the air blows over it, because the birds look like they're flitting around. I'm knitting a nest to go in the bottom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Shanna said...

So stinkin' cute!!!! And they don't poop! :)

Kelly said...

That's very cute! I agree with Shanna, easy cleanup with those birds! LOL

Shanna said...

Waiting on new post from you, girlie-girl :)

Dee Chadwick said...

Love the idea with the bird cage! So cute!!