Sunday, August 12, 2007

I think Life is trying to banish me

It's been a CRAZY day. I was supposed to be at church early this morning to get the nursery ready. At 6:18 I looked at the clock and thought, "Good. I have a chance to snooze a little before it goes off at 6:30." So snooze I did. A little while later I rolled over and looked at the clock...and the power had gone out! I sat up straight and said, "Oh No!" Blair sat up and said, "What?" He then ran downstairs to see what time it was. Ten 'til 7, he informed me. Good grief. I rush around to get ready. It's way too hot to wear pants, so I pulled out a skirt. I later realized that I hadn't shaved my legs. I figured, though, that I'd be ok, since here in America we don't say hello by rubbing each other's legs. It wasn't too noticeable, anyway.

I swear my apartment eats things, like my travel cup and Bible, time, my sanity. It's probably bad that I'm least concerned about the sanity, but I really needed my travel cup this morning. I made my tea, and then realized that I had already brushed my teeth and it was almost 8. I grabbed a not-so-travel-friendly cup (due to the fact that it leaks), poured boiling hot tea into it, and ran out the door. After six hours at church, I went home and got a nap. Then I went to get ice cream. I opened the silverware drawer, reached in unsuspectingly to grab a spoon, and a brown recluse runs across my hand. IN MY SILVERWARE DRAWER! I mean, come on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so keep an eye on your hand for any spider bites.

You changed the photo in your banner ~ and the color~ VERY NICE!

Just who do you know who rubs their legs together to say "hi"?!?!