Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Total Devastation

While I was at church tonight, the apartment building four buildings down caught on fire. Everything is gone...completely lost. From what the neighbors tell me, the wind was blowing the fire towards our apartment and the owners were warning everyone to leave. Fortunately, the fire department was able to contain the fire and it only spread to one other apartment. I can't imagine what it feels like to lose everything. One of the renters is a college girl, just starting out. I don't want to know what it's like to be so young and have nothing. I just don't want to know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find out who she is and if there is anything we can help her with.

Lisa aka Spikesmom said...

That is so scary. I'm so glad you are ok, but so sorry for your neighbor.