Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Job Hunt Begins

This afternoon I started looking for jobs. I decided I needed to since I spent 30 minutes crying over a torn up welcome mat (that I wound up super-gluing back together). I have no phone charger, so I took the phone book and sat out in the car with the phone plugged in out there. I started calling local daycares to see if any of them were accepting applications. I called three and none were. I could feel the tears starting to rise. I closed the phone book and started to get out of the car. After realizing the door wouldn't open because it was locked, I decided to try one more place. I found another center located in my town, and called. They were taking applications!! I told them I would be out later that afternoon to fill out a form. I put the address into Molly (my GPS unit) and took off. When Molly said I had arrived at my destination I looked to see where I was. I was at the Greenville Montessori School. Not where I wanted to be. I noticed two cars out front so I went in to see if they could help me get where I was supposed to be. I walked in and two ladies rose, smiling, to greet me. I told them my situation, and they were very helpful. I told them I was very new to town and didn't know my way around yet. They asked what brought me here, and I told them that Blair and I were going to work on our Master's Degrees. When I mentioned that I wanted to do Elementary Ed, they told me there was an opening for a part-time Educational Assistant at the school in the fall. They gave me the phone number and I left for the daycare. After filling out the application and listening to the kids screaming and crying, I left there. On the way home, I called the Montessori school. They were thrilled that I had called back. They gave me the application information that I needed. When I called the employment agency, I was met with more kindness and enthusiasm. The lady I spoke with told me that there had been alot of interest in the job, but to apply anyway. So I came home and applied. The administrators at the school are getting ready to go on vacation, but they told me they would get in touch with me as soon as they could. I'm really looking forward to hearing back from them!


**My camera cord is still in Tennessee, so it will be a few days until I can post any pictures...oops!

2 comments:

Linds said...

I'm glad to hear that you might have a job soon. I'm convinced that almost all the best things in life happen when we're not looking for them.

Shanna said...

I'm sending lots of prayers up for you to get this job! ~ Mom