Saturday, November 15, 2008

Finished Knits

Yes, I actually finished something, and not just one project, but TWO this week! I finished the Hemlock Ring, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I'm planning on making another one later on with a wool yarn. This one is done in cotton.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also made these mittens this week. They only took two days and were so much fun to make and amazed my kiddos at school. They're made from 100% merino wool sent to me by a blogging friend (thanks Andrea!!), and they feel so great on the hands.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blair and I went to a friend's art show today, she's a painter, and purchased a couple of lovely Christmas gifts for people. Now I just have a couple more gifts to make, and I'm all done!! I took the handmade pledge, and with the exception of a couple of eccentric gifts, I did just that.

3 comments:

Cormia Family said...

So awesome Mrs.Rachael! We would like to e mail you,so could we please have your e mail address? We really miss you & hope we can get in touch soon! Happy Holidays and we love you!

(p.s. tell Petey & Murray & Blair we said hi!)

Rach said...

Hey Cormias!!

rachel_ellen@hotmail.com

Shanna said...

Wow! What a beautiful job you did on that lap throw! I'm very much impressed! ~ Mom