Monday, June 8, 2009

A Great Day

Blair and I had a busy day today, despite the fact that is was my first day off. We started the day by taking pretzels and covering them in yummy, unhealthy chocolate. Then we covered these with chocolate and orange sprinkles. Then we sat down to play a game of Risk, which we didn't finish because we decided to go to the beach. I also think our washing machine has rabies, but that's a completely different story.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Yesterday afternoon I was feeling particularly crafty and sat down at the sewing machine. Forty minutes later, I had five drawstring bags.

Photobucket

Those bags came out of the same book as the pattern for these shorts. Weekend Sewing, by Heather Ross, is a wonderful book. Go buy it. It has several very useful, cute patterns, and they are all easy to follow. These shorts actually come from a pajama pant pattern. Memorial Day weekend, I sat down and made a cropped pant version of these and they fit like a dream! I had enough of the blue-and-white pinstripe to make a pair of shorts. I can see myself getting a lot of mileage out of this pattern.

Photobucket

Wait!! What is that I see? Could it be a boogie board??? Mais, non!! TWO! I finally (after nearly four years) convinced Blair to overcome his fear of dirty ocean water and buy some boogie boards. He got out into the water and had a blast! It was truly the perfect day to go to the beach. Perfect weather, perfect water, and not many people.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Finally, these videos are really for my dear mother, but feel free to view them yourself anyway.

Photobucket



3 comments:

Shanna said...

My puppies! Thanks for the clips - loved them! It's always good to see how the guys are doing!!

Shanna said...

By the way...cook-looking shorts and yummy treats. Are you going to make some for me? Treats that is...not shorts!

Kelly said...

I'll have to check out that book, I love the bags and the shorts, and I love the ability to take a great pant or short pattern and make any number of variations. So cool!

PS. Where's my pretzel? ;)