Monday, June 1, 2009

The Wedding

It was lovely (although the trip there and back was not!!). There was many much confusion at both airports. The first flight was delayed for about an hour-and-a-half. They wound up sticking us on a different plane. The ride home was worse. We got on the plane early, which was great. We started driving to the runway, got there, and stopped. And sat, and sat, and sat. After a while, they took us back to the gate where we sat and sat some more. They handed out cold compresses due to the heat and lack of air conditioning. An hour-and-a-half later, we switched terminals and planes. This tiny tiny commuter plane went up so high at one point the wings were shaking, the sky was black (at four in the afternoon), and I could see the curvature of the earth. Not a pleasant flight. Both were filled with lots of turbulence, and I have decided that I do not enjoy flying.

The wedding, however, was perfect. So beautiful and simple. We had a great time and got to visit with my dad's family. I have pictures posted to Flickr.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I'm so glad I got to see you over the weekend! Sorry about the plane ride...Mom