Friday, June 19, 2009

Sewing

I've done a fair amount of sewing since I got to my parents' house Monday. Today I made some wedding gifts for my mom to give. I used Last Minute Fabric Gifts by Joelle Hoverson to make these travel bags. I've made dozens of these in varying sizes, colors, and fabrics (including felt), and they always turn out nicely. They look really cute in the white eyelet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also made (from the scraps) these checkbook covers from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. This is the same book from which that pajama pants pattern came.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also from Weekend Sewing, I made the Lucy's Kimono pattern. This is a baby pattern, but can easily be enlarged for a child or adult. Blair and I have several friends who are expecting, and I thought this would make a sweet gift.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've really enjoyed having the time to sit and sew (especially in the air conditioning), and, hopefully, I'll be able to turn out a few more items next week!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE these projects! I'd love to get those books!!! I still have 4 pants to hem and 1 pair to turn into shorts... if only I could get upstairs and do it!

Shanna said...

I saw all of these projects first-hand and have to say that you did an EXCELLENT job! Thanks for sewing the travel bags for me! ~ Mom

Anonymous said...

Those kimonos are so cute! I wish I had any talent -- or inclination -- for sewing, you're so talented. :)

Andrea said...

Your kimonos turned out very nicely! I love the red one with polka dots!

L.Wright said...

I think you are sweet to make those adorable kimonoes (sp?) and little gift bags. Your friends will appreciate your heartfelt gifts.

Dee Chadwick said...

Loved catching up on your blog! The sewing projects are so cute! Glad you had some time to be with your folks and time to do some sewing!! I wasn't able to pull up all the pictures...the ones of the boys didn't come through...any suggestions? Love ya'!!