Friday, August 14, 2009

A Busy Yesterday

Blair and I ran several errands yesterday, and when we got home I was in the mood to sew. I pulled out a large remnant I purchased a while ago and the leftovers of an old sheet and got to work. I made a new knitting bag, and new notions bag, and two cases for my dpn's. I actually still have two cases left to do for my circular needles, but it was getting late, and I was tired.

The only one I used a pattern for was the square bag. I pulled the pattern from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross (which I've loved on here before). The pattern was simple to follow, but a little more time consuming than I really wanted last night. It turned out really nicely, however.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The knitting bag was made with the extra fabric that was leftover from the other items I cut out last night. I just took two rectangles and stitched them together and added handles. It worked well, though, because the square notions bag I made fits perfectly inside it.

Photobucket

These are the needles cases I made. I just folded the fabric into thirds, added a lining, and stitched pockets at the bottom. The circular needle cases I'm going to stitch will look very similar to these. Now, without measuring anything, I managed to make these to just the right size to fit perfectly inside my notions bag. How cool is that?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Wow, I love that fabric! I'm really impressed with your sewing skills, sweetie! You know how to stretch a yard [or more] of material...GOOD GIRL!

Kelly said...

That's great! Love that first bag with the zipper. Still want to get that book. The library doesn't have it. Can't wait until my knee gets better so I can comfortably get back to my machines.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!