Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Lazy Summer Day

I did so much work in my classroom yesterday that I decided to stay home today and enjoy a little more summer break. We've been exceptionally lazy. We've watched Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch (the fourth movie in German). I'm knitting a shrug from the book Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel. It's the second one of these I've made, and I really love the pattern. For those of you who are knitters, I highly recommend buying the book. After the thunder storm last night, it's been a dreary day...the perfect kind for staying in and knitting. I must say that I am exceptionally ready for autumn. For crisp mornings and sunny afternoons making bread. For tea (decaf this year) early in the morning and football in the afternoons (after the bread making, of course). Lots of football. And knitting. Lots of knitting. Lots of lazy autumn Saturday afternoons with football and knitting and the smell of homemade bread. Ah, I can't wait.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yes, fall is my favorite time of year!

Shanna said...

Sounds like you are exceptionally ready for fall :) ME TOO! That's when all the fun begins!