Monday, August 10, 2009

Meet Baby Chadwick!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went to the doctor today for an ultrasound, physical, and blood work. The baby was a millimeter too short, however, to do the Down Syndrome test today, so I go back next Friday for another one and my physical and all my lab work. The ultrasound showed that I have a "complication" called placenta previa, which should fix itself in the next few weeks. If it doesn't by 28 weeks, they'll do something about it then. I was told not to worry about it, but anyone who knows me in the least will know how that goes. We saw the heart beating, and it's beating at 160 bpm, which is good. The ultrasound tech held the wand still so we could see the baby move, and it's a very wiggly baby!! I got some Zofran to help with sickness, and I hope this Rx works!! Blair was enamored with the ultrasound. He leaned all the way forward in his chair like a little kid that can't get close enough to the TV! He's going to miss the appointment on the 21 because he's going home (to TN) for his ten year high school reunion. I wish I had a friend or someone to go with me, but I guess I'll make the trek alone. I was a little disappointed that they didn't go ahead with the rest of the appointment today, because I had some questions, but next Friday isn't too far away.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww, congratulations!

Shanna said...

Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl! ~ MeMom

Dee Chadwick said...

What a wonderful picture of our first grandchild! We're trusting God concerning the "glitch"... GranDee and Grampy

Kelly said...

praying for you and baby!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little baby Chadwick! :) I'm so excited for you.