Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ode to a Point Turner

Until recently, I was using a knitting needle to poke all of those pesky little points and corners into neatness. That is, until yesterday. Yesterday while I was rummaging around in my rather sizable stash of sewing notions and odds and ends I found this.

Photobucket

What is this pointy, plastic contraption, you say? It is a point turner. A glorious point turner, my friend. Unlike a knitting needle that pokes holes into the corners of a beautiful, completed project, this little slice of heaven merely nudges that shy piece of rounded fabric into place.

Now, this is an experienced point turner. I believe it was my Mimi's, but even if it is only in the hands of a second generation user it has still been well-used...and loved. And since my happy discovery yesterday of this magnificent formation of plastic, it shall continue to be well-used, yes, even well-loved.


On a completely different note, I spent the entire day making items to post in my shop. If you want to purchase something you will need to set up an Etsy account which is east and quick. Go check it out!

2 comments:

bchadwick said...

It's like finding a tenor when you needed one badly! Good for you!

Shanna said...

I didn't know Mimi had a point turner...