Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Sewing Kind of Afternoon

This morning my mom requested a couple of stationary wraps to give as gifts, so I went ahead and made them this afternoon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While I was feeling creative, I made this wallet. It has a plastic slip pocket on top for things like photos, and one at the bottom for cards. In the middle, I put in a zippered pouch using the zipper off of a Zip Lock bag. I really like the scallop stitching. I used the same orange corduroy and blue linen that I used in my birdie bag the other day. I must really like this fabric...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blair and I have our first praise band rehearsal at church tonight. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Russell said...

Cute stuff. And I'm glad you're getting so involved at your church.
Love ya,
Dad

Shanna said...

The stationery wraps are cute! Thanks for making them...I mailed a check to you today. Hope you had fun at praise band practice!

bchadwick said...

These are WAY cool!