Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summertime Fun

I've been really busy the past two days. I went and filled out another job application and spent my time at home crafting.

I'm made new chewy-s for the dogs out of an old pair of jeans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also made the pillow you see Petey laying on. He loves it.

I started working on a jacket project that I'm really excited about. Since I dug out all of my fabric to organize a few weeks ago, I decided to start sewing again. I've done quite a bit lately.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also spent last night making this bag. I love the pattern, and this fabric works really well with it. The top portion is a heavy upholstery linen and the bottom is an old piece of corduroy. I love the way the colors look together. I drew the bird on a piece of tracing paper and embroidered it on the linen. I really love this bag. I can't wait to put it into use!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got out this morning and took some photos around the house. In the midst of taking photos I discovered that we have fire ants.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now, for some candids:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Candace H said...

Love your birdie bag, so cute! Keep creating and taking photos, love the one of the bicycles! (((Hugs))) to you, Rachel!

Matthew Cook said...

Forget applying for jobs...you need to open an arts/crafts/photography store...
All it takes is several thousand dollars in capital and your creative talent!

Anonymous said...

That bag is teh awesome...