Saturday, July 7, 2007

Softball Summer

Blair, Matt, Karen, and I all went swimming again this morning for about an hour-and-a-half. Many much volleyball was played. We once again had the place to ourselves...very nice. Today was Dad's birthday, so we quit early so we could all shower. Blair and I cooked for Dad as his gift...we made fried rice and Blair grilled chicken and shrimp. He also did the corn on the grill, which was really good. After a very yummy supper and dessert, Karen and I wandered around the yard taking pictures while Matt and Blair took part in their new favorite activity--catch. Eventually the four of us wound up playing an odd form of softball for a long time. The mosquitoes finally told us it was time to go in. After all the catch and softball we've been playing, I've really started to wish I was good at it...I'm not...I really stink at it, quite frankly. But I'm not going to give up. When we get paid, I'm going to buy a glove and ball and really get to practicing so that I won't be the player everyone wishes was somewhere else...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow RE! You sure do have a lot of energy and fun! You really seem to make the most of summer! I'm sorry about your kitchen, that's just not fun at all! Guess I am a little confused as to where you are staying, home or with parents! Your pictures are beautiful I must invest in a new camera! Love ya! Your SS at WT

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.